Sunday 18 October 2015

my trip to brighton to visit my family (includes all the food i ate)


Hey guys,
So on Tuesday morning at 10:30 me and my mum set off on an adventure to Glasgow airport to catch a flight to Gatwick. We got threw security and still had an hour and a half till our flight was boarding so me and mum decided we would have an early lunch (11:10) but knew we wouldn't be eating till much later on. we decided to go to Frankie and benny's for lunch. I had pancakes with maple syrup and bacon and to drink I had a peanut butter shake. It was absolutely delicious.
 
Then it was time to get boarding the plane. Before we knew it we were in the sky!! I love the view from up in the sky so I always try and get a window seat. I decided I was going to test myself and I had a small normal coke (massive fear drink) and I had half a packet of revels!!
 
It felt like we had only been in the air for half an hour and it was time to land.
 
Me and mum got off the plane and we got a shuttle bus from the south terminal to the north terminal as we needed to get the train from Gatwick to  where my grandparents live.  we missed our train by 30 seconds :( so we decided as we had another 40 minutes to wait to go to the toilet and buy my gran some flowers. We got on our train this time with time to spare and it was only a half hour train journey. We then met my gran at the train station and she drove us to hers where we then met my grandpa. The first thing we were offered was cakes and coffee so of course I couldn't decline. I didn't unfortunately get a photo.
 
Before I knew it was time for dinner that my gran cooked. it was ciabata, cous cous, lamb stew, runner beans and salad. Pudding was lemon drizzle cake with cream. 

 
Breakfast the next day was a chocolate pastry with a black tea  
 

We then headed into Brighton and for lunch I had a costa peperoni and mozzarella focaccia and a white chocolate and raspberry cooler with cream on top.
 we then browsed around the lanes.

 view my post on my mac trip

when we got back to my grans we picked up my grandpa and headed straight out again to visit my auntie, uncle, cousin and dog. unknown to me and my mum for my mums birthday (the 17th of October) they decided they would give her a birthday cake which was a chocolate wheat free cake. here's a picture of my mum and the cake.
 So for a late afternoon snack I had not 0ne but two pieces of chocolate cake (huge challenge but I did it!!)

when we got back to my grans she made diner which was chicken in mozzarella and tomato pasta sauce (I was feeling quite bad so I decided not to have mozzarella as I had already challenged myself earlier in the day with mozzarella as cheese is a huge fear food of mine). For pudding we had a fruit salad (which I made) with crème fresh.


The next day unfortunately was me and mums last morning before we had to head to get the train to take us to the airport. For breakfast I had cereal (not sure what this was as we don't get this at home but it was very nice).

For snack I had a few Thornton's chocolates and some diluting juice.



Lunch was cawslaw and cheese sandwiches and ham and tomato and fairy cakes, mince pies and crisps. I had three sandwiches and a fairy cake and three cups of black tea.


I had a very lovely 2 nights with my grandparents and cant wait for my next visit.
I hope you enjoyed seeing what I ate and what I got up to on my trip.
love Becca xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment